What is the solution in the story?
The Solution Element is the “flip side” of the Problem Element. In a Change story, for instance, the focus may be on the Problem Element (“The Main Character should not be this way”) or the focus may be on the Solution Element (“The Main Character should be this way”).
How do you find the solution and problem in a story?
How to Identify Problem and Solution
- Identify the issue.
- Explain how people tried to resolve it or how it was actually resolved.
- Recognize which details expand on the problem, which expand on the solution and which ones are not important to the main idea of the text.
How can I help my 2nd grader with word problems?
4 Tips for Solving 2nd Grade Math Word Problems
- Read the problem aloud. Because students this age read at varied levels, not every second-grader will fully understand a word problem on his first pass through.
- Circle the numbers.
- Look for keywords.
- Draw it out.
Which is an example of a solution?
A solution is a type of homogeneous mixture that is made up of two or more substances. Some examples of solutions are salt water, rubbing alcohol, and sugar dissolved in water. When you look closely, upon mixing salt with water, you can’t see the salt particles anymore, making this a homogeneous mixture.
What is solution to the problem?
A solution to a problem or difficult situation is a way of dealing with it so that the difficulty is removed.
How will you solve this problem?
8 steps to problem solving
- Define the problem. What exactly is going on?
- Set some goals.
- Brainstorm possible solutions.
- Rule out any obvious poor options.
- Examine the consequences.
- Identify the best solutions.
- Put your solutions into practice.
- How did it go?
How do you write a solution?
When you write your solution you should:
- Give each important definition or equation its own line.
- Don’t bury too much algebra in a paragraph.
- Label equations or formulas or lemmas or cases you will use later very clearly.
- Remember that there’s always more paper.
What makes a good solution?
An intelligent solution solves people’s problems in smart ways. Completeness. A complete solution provides a great experience that includes service, support, and a string of enhancements. Empowering ability.
What is the cubes strategy?
The CUBES math strategy is a simple tool that teachers can teach their students to provide them with step-by-step actionable steps to pick apart and understand what is being asked in a story problem. Each letter of CUBES stands for an actionable item that students will do to their word problems.
How can I help my second graders prepare for a book summary?
When they finish the book, have them look back at this to create a whole-book summary! Help your second graders practice their reading fluency while also using their prediction and summarizing skills. Stretch student understanding of story sequencing into a summary with this graphic organizer.
What is the somebody wanted but so then reading strategy?
The “Somebody Wanted But So Then” reading strategy is a great way to help kids identify the key elements of a story. Students will use this easy format to begin summarizing a story of your choice in this fun treasure map-themed worksheet! Use this glossary with the EL Support Lesson: Using the 5 W’s.
How can I Help my 2nd graders practice reading fluency?
Help your second graders practice their reading fluency while also improving their summarizing skills. Children will select a chapter book, then make predictions as they progress through the story, in this reading comprehension template. The class watched an exciting movie about a castle adventure.