What is there to do in Kansas City for Christmas?
11 Best Holiday Experiences In Kansas City During Christmas
- Union Station. Featuring a 40-foot-tall Christmas tree, Union Station is the perfect spot to enjoy the holiday season with the family.
- Zona Rosa.
- Swope Park.
- Country Club Plaza.
- Crown Center.
- Hallmark Visitor Center.
- Legends Outlets.
- 18th And Vine.
Where can I see lights in Kansas City?
Best Holiday and Christmas Light Displays in Kansas City 2020
- Ridgewood Lights. 1817 SE Ridgewood Drive, Blue Springs, MO.
- Blue Springs Mayor’s Christmas Tree. Blue Springs City Hall – 903 W.
- Peterson Holiday Light Show.
- Hall of Trees.
- Lane of Lights.
- Crysler Lights.
- Lights on Liberty Street.
- 18th & Vine Historic District.
Does Kansas City have a Christmas market?
Kansas City’s First European Inspired, Open-Air Holiday Market at Union Station, running every weekend from 10-6, Saturday, November 28th to Sunday, December 20th. So grab your winter hats & gloves and join us for a socially distant holiday shopping extravaganza and support our local, small, creative businesses.
How many Christmas lights are on the Kansas City Plaza?
It takes more than 200,000 bulbs to create something this pretty. When that switch is flipped, it’s officially Christmas time in KC, welcomed by the twinkling lights lining buildings and fireworks announcing the most wonderful time of the year.
How is winter in Kansas City?
The winter, from late November to early March, is cold, with an average temperature in January close to freezing. There are periods when it may be cold at night, but during the day the temperature gets quite mild, reaching or exceeding 15 °C (59 °F). Sometimes it can reach 20 °C (68 °F) even in the middle of winter.
What is there to do in Kansas City in January?
23 Things To Do In Kansas City This Winter
- Since the Chiefs are probably still your mind, tour Arrowhead Stadium.
- And the Royals probably still are too, tour Kauffman Stadium.
- Visit the DaVinci Exhibit at Union Station.
- Finish the Week Strong with KC Restaurant Week (through 1/24).
- Go Ice Skating at Crown Center.
Where can I take Christmas pictures in Kansas City?
(Good Picture Spots Near Me)
- #1 Burr Oak Woods Conservation (Blue Springs)
- #3 Rotary Park at Railroad Lake (Blue Springs)
- #4 Powell Gardens (Kingsville)
- #5 Unity Village (Just Outside Lee’s Summit)
- #6 Kansas City River Market (Kansas City)
- #7 Country Club Plaza (Kansas City)
- #8 West Bottoms (Kansas City)
How long is Union Station decorated for Christmas?
Expect to spend 45-60 minutes in total enjoying the decorations, taking pictures, and marveling at the model trains. No food or drink is allowed in “Holiday Reflections”, but restrooms are located within the ticketed space.
Where are the best Christmas activities in Kansas City for kids?
Paradise Park should be a main stop for kids holiday activities & Christmas events in Kansas City – they’re December all month long! Christmas comes alive each holiday season, where your family can enjoy tons of fun Christmas activities. Hang out in the Discovery Play area for themed Adventure Times each week:
What to do in Kansas City in December?
Watch Santa dive at the Kansas City Zoo, Saturdays and Sundays in December. All aboard the Christmas Light tour! This is one of the most unique Christmas Events in Kansas City. Travel around Kansas City to see all the lights on this mobile Christmas party.
Why do we love the holidays in Kansas City?
When you live in a city as beautiful as Kansas City, it’s no wonder that we love the holidays so much. Not only does the Plaza come alive with extra shoppers and plenty of lights, but the city itself has a whole host of events to commemorate the winter season and its holidays.
Where can you buy Homemade Christmas gifts in Kansas City?
You’ll have access to local vendors selling amazing homemade gifts for the entire family. Union Station: 30 W Pershing Rd. Kansas City, MO 64108 Walk through the holiday scenes set up in Union Station, “Featuring sky-reaching lights, trees, forest friends and giant, floating mirrored ornaments”, accord to the website.