How do I setup my Cisco IP Phone 7940?
How do I configure my Cisco 7940/7960 for SIP service?
- Press the Settings key. The Settings menu is displayed.
- Highlight Status.
- Press the Select soft key. The Setting Status menu is displayed.
- Highlight Firmware Versions.
- Press the Select soft key. The Firmware Versions panel is displayed.
Why is my Cisco phone not registering?
These are several of the issues that might cause a Cisco IP Phone not to register: Auto-registration is disabled on Cisco CallManager. The Cisco IP Phone is not receiving the DHCP server address. The Cisco IP Phone is not receiving the IP address, subnet mask or default router address.
How do I register my Cisco IP Phone?
- Step 1 In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, select Device > Phone, then click Add New.
- In the Add a New Phone window, select your phone model in the Phone Type field, then click Next.
- In the Phone Configuration window, select the protocol type for your device in the Select the device protocol.
How do I register my Cisco phone?
How do I fix my Cisco phone?
Cisco VoIP – Basic Troubleshooting for Desk Phones
- Unplug the phone from power, wait 5 seconds and plug it back in.
- Check the power source.
- Check the Ethernet connection.
- Check handset cord.
- Do an Admin Reset.
- Factory Reset (8851)
- If none of these fix your problems, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
How do I unlock my Cisco IP phone 7940?
To get to the unlock config screen, press the “Settings” button, scroll down to “Unlock Config”, and press the “Select” softkey. You will now be asked to enter the password. The default password is “cisco”. As you need to enter this password via the numeric pad, it should be entered as 222444777722266.
How do I find my Cisco phone PIN?
From Cisco Webex Settings, go to My Profile, click More , and choose Reset Voicemail PIN. You can reset your voicemail PIN on your phone.
How do I register Cisco?
Visit www.cisco.com and click on the person icon in the upper-right corner of the page. 2. Select “Create an Account” from the drop-down menu.
How to use the 7940/7960 SIP IP phone?
Cisco SIP IP Phone Model 7940/7960 User Guide OL-1365-01 Chapter 3 Using the Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960 Making Telephone Calls • Lift the handset from the earpiece rest and enter the number using the dial pad to enter the digits. • Press a line button and dial the number using the dial pad to enter the digits.
How do I use my Cisco 7940 headset?
Using the Headset. To place or answer calls using the headset, plug the approved headset connector into the headset port (top) on the back of the phone base and press the HEADSET button. You can use the headset with all Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960 features.
What information does the LCD display on the 7940/7960 display?
The Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960 provides information about its current status on the LCD screen. Often, the icons on the LCD screen change depending on the task you are currently performing with the Cisco IP phone.
What file format do you use on your 7940/7960?
I use the xml files on the 7941s and 7961s but on the 7940s the much simpler .cnf files as described on the Support page and they worked very well. For my 7960 I only use the .cnf file.