How do I enable Exchange Online archive feature?
Enable an archive mailbox
- Go to Microsoft 365 compliance center and sign in.
- In the left pane of the Microsoft 365 compliance center, click Information governance, and then click the Archive tab.
- In the list of mailboxes, select the user that you want to enable the archive mailbox for.
How do I enable archiving in Exchange 2010?
Enable an archive mailbox
- Go to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select a mailbox.
- In the details pane, under In-Place Archive, click Enable.
- On the Create In-Place Archive page, click OK to have Exchange automatically select a mailbox database for the archive or click Browse to specify one.
How do I access Exchange Online archive?
You will need to look in your online archive email account for your archived emails.
- Log into your email on the Web. View instructions on logging in to Outlook on the web.
- In the folder pane of your email, find and expand your Personal Archive folder.
- You can now explore your online archive folders in Personal Archive.
How do I change my outlook online archive settings?
Change the AutoArchive settings for an individual folder
- Select Tools > Options and then select the Other tab.
- Select AutoArchive.
- Select the Run AutoArchive every n days check box, and then specify how often to run AutoArchive.
- Select the options that you want.
- Click OK.
What is Exchange Online archiving for Exchange Online?
What is Exchange Online Archiving? Exchange Online Archiving is an additional specialized mailbox that works in tandem with your Primary Exchange Mailbox allowing messages to be quickly and easily archived to simplify mailbox size management.
How do I use o365 online archive?
Open Outlook and go to the “File” tab. Now, choose “Cleanup Tools” and select “Archive” from the drop-down menu. A pop-up window will appear on the screen with all the folders of Outlook, select the specific folder that you want to move to the archive mailbox. Select the date from which you want to archive the emails.
How do I enable online archive in PowerShell?
You can press Shift and Ctrl keys to select different mailboxes. Then, go to More options in the details panel and click Enable button under Archive. You can run the following script once you connect Office 365 organization with PowerShell.
How do I access o365 online archive?
How to Access the Outlook Online Archive Folder
- Go to Outlook.com and log in to your Outlook email account.
- Select the arrow next to Folders to expand the Outlook folders list if folders are not visible.
- Select Archive in the left pane under Folders. Your archived emails will appear.
What is the difference between online archive and archive in Outlook?
The Archive folder is a way for users to keep their Inbox clean by removing items that they have dealt with but want to retain for a short period. On the other hand, the online archive is a long-term repository for information kept because we might just need it one day.
What is Exchange archiving?
In-Place Archiving in Exchange Server helps you regain control of your organization’s messaging data by eliminating the need for personal store (. pst) files and allowing users to store messages in an archive mailbox. The archive mailbox is an additional mailbox that’s enabled for a user’s primary mailbox.
How do I enable online archive for shared mailbox?
- 1) Log into the Exchange Admin Center.
- 2) Click on recipients | shared.
- 3) Edit the shared mailboxes, and click on Mailbox Delegation.
- 4) Under the Full Access field, add in the Impersonation account and click Save. This will need to be done for each shared mailbox.
How do I change the archive settings in outlook?
To change your Online Archive settings follow the steps below: Open Outlook. Make sure your email address is highlighted at the top level. Click the Folder tab. Under the Policy tab, click the arrow at the bottom to change the time frame in which you would like your files to archive.
What is exchange online archiving?
Archive mailbox. Exchange Online Archiving offers users advanced archiving capabilities with the archive mailbox feature.
How do I open an archive file in outlook?
Open Outlook. Click on File< Cleanup tools< Archive< under archive group check the location for Archive files. Once you make a note of the archive file location to open it in Outlook, click on File< Open< Outlook Data File< Browse to the location where the archive file is saved and click on Open.
How to set autoarchive settings for all folders in outlook?
Set AutoArchive Settings for all Folders in Outlook In the Mail view, select any folder of the specified email account on the Navigation pane, and click Folder > AutoArchive Settings. See In the popping out Properties dialog box, please check the Archive items in this folder using the default settings option, and click the Default In the AutoArchive dialog box, please (1) check the Run AutoArchive every x day’s option, (2) specify the AutoArchive settings as you need, and (3) Click the OK buttons successively to close both dialog boxes. So far, the AutoArchive settings have been configured for all folders of the See More….