How is Revit used in construction?
Built for BIM, Autodesk Revit is a software tool used to create 3D models that identify each building component by its function, which can then be used to produce construction documentation. Some argue that Revit might soon replace AutoCAD, a computer-aided drafting tool used to create 2D and 3D drawings.
What is a construction document in Revit?
Construction documents are the records that you share with clients, engineers, and construction professionals to communicate a design. For example, clients need to see floor plans, elevations, and 3D drawings of the design for approval. Each sheet contains one or more drawings and schedules for the building design.
Do most architects use Revit?
Revit is BIM software widely used by architects, engineers, and contractors to create a unified model that all disciplines and trades can use to complete their work.
Why do architects use Revit?
Revit is, among many other things, used to implement 3D models of building products to scale in a project (BIM content). More importantly for an architect, all of this information can be used by Revit to automatically and efficiently create schedules for an entire project.
What is Revit documentation?
To share design information with builders and engineers, you can produce detailed drawings from the building model, or create a drafted drawing to show specific details. Annotate the Drawings. Add dimensions, text, and tags to provide detailed information.
How do I create a drawing sheet in Revit?
Create a Sheet
- Open project GSG_13_sheets. rvt.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Sheet).
- In the New Sheet dialog, under Select titleblocks, select A1 Metric, and click OK.
- Click the title block to select the sheet, then click the sheet number, enter A1, and press Enter.
How do I add drawings to a sheet in Revit?
To add a view to the sheet, use one of the following methods:
- In the Project Browser, expand the list of views, locate the view, and drag it onto the sheet.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Place View). In the Views dialog, select a view, and click Add View to Sheet.