How do I stop thinking about my ex with someone else?
- Distract yourself so you’re literally too busy to even think about them.
- Establish some boundaries with yourself.
- Give yourself some time to feel sad, or mad, or angry, or literally whatever.
- Understand that you may still have lingering feelings for this person, and that’s okay.
- Indulge in alllll the self care.
How do you get over an ex wife who has moved on?
How to let go of your ex:
- Find love within yourself.
- Grieve. You may not want to, but really leaning in and feeling your emotions is integral to letting go of an ex.
- Recognize that you will love someone else this much again. Yes, you can love again.
- Feel your next partner before they arrive.
How can I be strong when my ex is dating someone new?
Don’t give yourself time to dwell on your ex’s new relationship. Go out with your friends, do something creative, try a new hobby, challenge yourself physically, or go on an adventure. Fill your life with awesome activities, and you won’t have time to worry about your ex. Try something you’ve always wanted to try.
How do I get over the pain of seeing my ex with someone else?
If you choose to approach your ex when you see them with someone else, keep it short and sweet, and don’t push for an introduction to the new person, Dr. Klapow advises. “Be cordial but never feel compelled to have to fill them in or ask questions or associate more than being polite,” says Dorell.
Why am I upset that my ex is dating?
It may just be your ego getting bruised. “Ego can play a big role in feeling hurt,” Davis says. “Some people like the idea of someone having feelings for them even if they don’t reciprocate it back. It makes them feel wanted.” There’s comfort in thinking there’s someone out there who’s still hung up on you.