What are some good basketball dribbling drills?
Basketball Dribbling Drills for Beginners
- Wraps Around Waist and Ankle. A proper warm-up is crucial for your players before getting into actual drills.
- Pound Dribble.
- Regular Crossover.
- Front-to-Back Drills.
- Basketball Dribbling Obstacle Course.
- Tennis Ball Dribbling Drill.
- Two-Ball Dribbling Drills.
- Figure 8s.
How do you become a good dribbler?
5 Drills To Help You Become a Better Dribbler
- Front V-Dribble. The front V-dribble is used for in and out fake moves and can help you get around a defender.
- Figure Eight Dribble. Widen your stance and dribble the ball in a figure eight around both of your legs.
- Dribble Behind the Back and Crossover.
How do you dribble perfectly?
How to Dribble a Basketball
- Keep your head up and your eyes on the game.
- Extend your arm and snap your wrists to send the ball into the ground.
- Use your fingers, not your palm, to control the ball.
- Do not bounce the ball too high while dribbling.
What is the Ronaldinho drill?
Description. There is a reason why so many players and even professionals practice doing the Ronaldinho drill. Try this simple exercise dribbling as fast as possible around/through the cones doing different moves/tricks/flicks. Make sure to use both feet and go every set for about 30 seconds.
How do you dribble like Maradona?
How to dribble like Diego Maradona: Drive at the defender with a laces dribble keeping your head up. As you get close to the defender, drag the ball backwards, pivot and then drag the ball forwards to an angle. Remember, the ball goes backwards first and then forwards and use your studs to grip the ball.
What is the easiest dribble to execute?
1. Crossover. One of the first dribble moves a player needs to practice when they start learning basketball tricks is the crossover dribble. It’s also one of the easiest basketball moves for a player to perform, but don’t be fooled by the simplicity — players at all levels use the crossover to blow past an opponent.
What is the hardest skill in basketball?
Passing. Passing has to be the hardest skill to work on individually. Passing is not so much about making an accurate pass–the hard part is getting it there on time and under pressure. Yes, you need to get it there on time on target, but everyone should be able to get the ball there on target.
What is the correct technique for dribbling a basketball?
Basketball Dribbling Fundamentals. 1) Basic Technique. Cup your dribbling hand with your fingers spread comfortably with the dribble being a push-pull motion of your arm, wrist and fingers. You’ll initiate the dribble with an elbow extension and flexion of your fingers and wrist.
What are the three dribbles in basketball?
Stationary Dribble While this drill may seem too easy,it is used in practice and drills at all levels of play,including in the NBA.
What are some indoor basketball dribbing drills?
7 Easy Basketball Dribbling Drills for Beginners Retreat Dribble. This type of dribble is also known as the push-pull dribble. Crossover Dribble. Another great dribble for beginners is done by standing with your feet apart, bend slightly at the knees and waist. Control Dribble. Figure 8 Pattern Dribble. Between the Legs Dribble. Speed Dribble. Behind the Back Dribble. Ball Handling as a Beginner.
What are some good basketball drills?
Passing Off the Wall/Roommate. You must remember that basketball is a team sport.