Do laptops still come with DVD drives?
While the DVD drive has become a niche laptop feature, demand for it has not decreased. There are still people who need it, and some laptop manufacturers continue to meet the demand. And they back it up with high-end hardware. There are also a few products commercially available that include a laptop with a DVD player.
Which external DVD writer is best for laptop?
The Best External Optical Drives for DVDs and Blu-rays
- Our pick. Asus ZenDrive U9M. The best USB DVD drive.
- Our pick. LG BP60NB10. Best for Blu-rays.
- Runner-up. LG GP65NB60. A cheap and capable DVD drive.
- Runner-up. Pioneer BDR-XD07B. Faster at DVDs, slower at Blu-ray.
Why do laptops not have disc drives anymore?
Although it might seem like a terrible thing, the fact is discs are slowly becoming obsolete. Optical drives tend to occupy much space, thus making computers bulky, which isn’t attractive anymore. Moreover, discs don’t have the same storage capacity as USB flash drives or external hard drives.
Do modern laptops have DVD players?
Physical disc drives are going the way of the dodo. Modern laptops — and even many modern desktop PCs — are dropping disc drives. If you still have discs with software, music, videos, or anything else on them, there are still ways to use them.
What benefit is there to storing data on a DVD?
Advantages of DVDs :
- Very large storage capacity.
- Increasing availability.
- It is easily available in every store.
- It is portable.
- High data stability.
- The DVD drive can read CDs.
- DVDs are now mass-produced in order that they are relatively cheap.
Is DVD still used?
DVDs are Still Useful While streaming is now a popular way to watch content, DVDs are still incredibly useful. They don’t require the use of the internet, which is a massive advantage – if the internet is down or you don’t have Wi-Fi for some reason, you can’t watch your films and shows.