Can you join other military branch after honorable discharge?

Can you join other military branch after honorable discharge?

In general, you are eligible for enlistment in the U.S. Army if honorably discharged from another military branch. Along with a favorable separation from your prior service branch, you must meet the standard enlistment eligibility requirements for the Army.

Can you reenlist after general discharge?

General, Under Honorable discharges may result in an RE-3 or an RE-4 code. Under either of these codes, a former soldier must appeal to a Discharge Review Board for a waiver that upgrades the reenlistment code before reapplying for service.

How hard is it to rejoin the military?

Regardless of why a veteran with prior experience wants to re-enlist, unfortunately it’s not that easy. The truth is that it’s tough to rejoin the military for two reasons: the size of your year group and your previous training (the job that you are skilled in may not be needed at your current time in service).

Is a general discharge honorable?

A general discharge under honorable conditions means that your service was satisfactory, but did not deserve the highest level of discharge for performance and conduct. Many veterans with this type of discharge may have engaged in minor misconduct.

Do prior service have to take the Asvab again?

Your test is invalidated because you were caught cheating. Regardless of how many times you have taken the ASVAB before, you will not be able to retake the ASVAB for another 6 months. So, if you are taking the ASVAB for the first time and you get caught cheating, you have to wait 6 months to take it again.

Do you lose rank if you switch branches?

Each branch of the military has their own protocol and their own policies and procedures. You may or you may not maintain your pay grade. In transitions such as this, the pay grade is of relevance not the rank because ranks in the different branches of the military differ.

Can I reenlist with a reentry code 3?

Individuals with an RE Code of “3” can normally reenlist in the Army or another Service, but will probably require a waiver to be processed. Individuals with an Army RE Code of “4” are normally not eligible to reenlist in the Army, nor join another service.

How do you reenlist after a general discharge from the military?

When trying to reenlist after receiving this type of discharge, a former soldier may need to take certain steps to regain active status. Find the reenlistment code on the general discharge form. Every discharge from the military includes a reenlistment code.

What is a re code on a military discharge?

Military Reenlistment (RE) Codes U.S. Military RE codes are entered on military discharge documents (DD Form 214, Record of Discharge) and characterize a member’s future eligibility to enlist or reenlist after discharge or separation from the military service. The RE Codes for all branches of service are listed below.

Can I get back into the military with a bad discharge?

Despite the re-entry code, your type of discharge (Honorable, Other than Honorable, Bad Conduct, or Dishonorable) will greatly impact whether you’ll be able to get back in as well.

How do I interpret the reenlistment eligibility code on my discharge?

The Military Reenlistment Eligibility Code (RE) on your discharge documents (DD214) shows whether you are eligible, would need a waiver, or are ineligible. Here is how to interpret the code. The reentry codes are found on DD Form 214 in the bottom section in blocks 24, 26 and 27: Box 24. states the character of service with the type of discharge.