If you have never travelled you may not relate to the fact that certain countries don’t have Netflix, and actually, you still want to have a night in binge watching Orange is the New Black. Just you, some prison bitches and your MacBook Pro.
I don’t mean that to sound patronising, I just mean that when you are on holiday or a short break or even travelling somewhere that has Netflix (Oh Hai USA) then this isn’t a problem. You probably don’t want to spend your hard earned break sat inside getting square eyes.
Yes, I know that whilst I am an ex-pat and currently spending my days enjoying 35 degree heat and crystal clear water smug smile but I also have a job, and a little flat and damn, I need my Netflix hit!
However, the powers that be will not let me watch the things that I pay for because “Netflix hasn’t arrived in this part of the world.” Well, I will not put up with that sh@t….it’s my human right to watch Breaking Bad, Parks and Rec and other assorted gems.
And then I found Surf Easy. This isn’t a sponsored post or some kind of BS way of pushing crap on you so that I get freebies I promise. I pay for it myself and have done for a while now……
Surf Easy is a super easy app that you can download to your tablet or even your laptop, and then create a VPN (virtual private network) to completely cover up where you are surfing the web from. If that sounds too technical for you, don’t worry, you literally just press some buttons and the app does it all for you.
Personally, I like to set my VPN to the U.S so that I can watch my favourite things on Netlfix (Parks & Rec/30 Rock etc). Also, for some reason, the UK VPN doesn’t seem to work so well.
Anyhow, you can use this for Spotify Free (which you can’t access outside of the UK), BBC iPlayer (yep, a girl needs her ‘Enders fix) and even to watch slightly different You Tube stuff.
I’ve blown your mind right? Yeah, I know. It happens. Let me blow it further (stop it you filthy minded vagrants) and tell you some of my favourite things to watch on Netflix & You Tube.
1) Orange is the New Black | NO WORDS NECESSARY. New season starts mid June and I can’t wait.
2) Made in Chelsea | Guilty pleasure…..
3) Parks & Recreation | I am too in love with this show. It’s finished now, which is devastating but like The US Office & 30 Rock; I keep it on repeat.
4) America’s Next Top Model | Even without Janice Dickinson I still love it. “You’re still in the running towards becoming America’s Next Top Model”……legendary.
5) Scandal | Oh My Lord……this programme grabbed me at the first sign of Olivia Pope’s insane overacting. Kerry Washington’s mouth should have it’s own spin off show. WARNING: Netflix cuts your supply off at series 3…..
What do you do when you are being blocked from watching your favourite programmes? Get off your ass and do stuff or do what I do and fight the man with VPN tricks?!