I follow a blog called Cider With Rosie, which is a fantastic lifestyle blog by a very cool & quirky gal called, yeah, you guessed it — Rosie. Anyway, she does a weekly post called “10 Things That’ve Made me Happy This Week” which is just the most lovely, positive read and it has inspired me to kind of copy it. You can read previous posts here.
1) Hand down the most happy-making thing this week, nay, this year, was the ♡ love Sali Hughes left for me on Instagram. To say I felt starstruck is not even close. FYI – if you don’t know who Sali Hughes is, shame on you.
2) Having Oli back! Ahhh fromage, sorry. After spending 99% of our time together for oh, just the whole year, it was very strange to be apart for a few days when Oli went to Oktoberfest. A post about the jokes he had there is upcoming…..
3) Getting a lovely box of chocolates for doing a bit of extra work for someone. Receiving chocolates is a definite lost art form, although my expanding muffin top would tell you a different story…..
4) An impromptu girly evening with Emma aka our AirBnB saviour!
5) Wine and nibbles at Bill’s with Jess. Fun.
6) Feeling better, after a really gross week of random sickness.
7) The little pie charts My Fitness Pal produce to tell you where you need to tweak your diet – I eat an ungodly amount of fat and hardly any protein. Whoops! Anyway, that’s something to fix this week.
8) These Nip & Fab Yoga Blend goodies. I used to hate lavender, but this dreamy combination of lavender, rose and coconut is really rocking my world. FYI – I tend not to follow this happy ritual up with any form of exercise, let alone yoga.
9) Finally mastering the art of the avocado! For years, I have denounced the humble green fruit proclaiming it to taste ‘a lot like vaseline’ — I am SO happy that I have cracked it. I have been enjoying it on toast (mashed with chilli and a bit of oil), in salads and even with scrambled eggs. This should be getting my protein quota up.
10) The new Lorde song, Yellow Flicker Beat. Amazing.
If you enjoyed this post, why not sign up (pop your email address in the sidebar) so you never miss one again!