I follow a blog called Cider With Rosie, which is a fantastic lifestyle blog by a very cool & quirky gal called, yeah, you guessed it — Rosie.
Anyway, she does a weekly post called “10 Things That’ve Made me Happy This Week” which is just the most lovely, positive read and it has inspired me to kind of copy it.
1) Errrrrm drum roll please…..I won tickets to TBEX Athens! TBEX is the the professional association for travel bloggers and they put on 2 conferences a year, one in Europe and one in the US so I’m beyond excited I’ve been asked by Travel Blog Success to attend! Wahoo! Only downside is that Oli isn’t coming with me, so I’m on a solo mission, eek!
2) We had another dinner party, this time for Mike and Lucy who were the perfect guests (bringing bubbles and double wine between them) and I have to say, we are really starting to enjoy these dinner dates! Sadly, it’s making me very aware of the, ahem, limitations of our little flat so Pinteresting “small space decor ideas” is my full time job.
3) All That Jazz Apple & Cucumber Cuticle Balm. It’s too soon to tell you whether it’s made any difference to my (pretty ravaged) nails but it smells dreamy and the packaging is gorgeous. It’s pocket sized, vintage, dreamily smelling goodness.
4) After very much indulging myself since being back in the UK, I’m very pleased to report that I haven’t gained the 3 stones I was convinced I had gained. I think it’s all thanks to these Fitness Blender YouTube videos I’m currently addicted too….they are seriously the lazy girls dream.
5) Being bought flowers. Thanks Oli:)
6) Homeland. Oli and I watched the first couple of episodes and honestly, we thought it was kinda dull and very overrated. Since then, I tried again and I’ve developed a serious addiction to it. I’ve almost managed to watch both series already….which is good, because I’m getting cut off from Netflix on Tuesday *weeps silently*.
8) Playing Jenga at The Dartmouth Castle in Hammersmith. We used to live in this pub, and I’d forgotten how good it is….until now! We are back Dartmouth, pop the champers on ice please.
9) Getting to hang out with Matt and Emma again. Not very descriptive, I know, but we had good clean fun with wine, lasagne, tiramisu….and YouTube. Again.
10) Washing my Make Up Brushes. It’s one of those super annoying jobs that I hate doing….but I made it a bit less painful by using my yummy coconut shampoo to wash them. I don’t think I’ll ever bother buying expensive professional Brush Wash again.
Et Voila! What made you happy this week?
If you enjoyed this post, why not sign up (pop your email address in the sidebar) so you never miss one again!